With a slight detour to CFS Alert!

30 November 2011 to 30 May 2012

Monday, March 15, 2010

A really good week

I am really happy with how this past week went. All my workouts got done, on the day they were supposed to get done. This makes me a happy camper!

Here is what the week looked like:

Monday 8th

Swim: 300m free, 200m free, 1 km free with fins, 200m easy

Bike: 60 minutes at AET include 5 x 5 minute intervals at AET + 5 bpm with 2 minutes recovery, maintain high rpm

Tuesday 9th

Run: 45 minutes at AET

Wednesday 10th

Swim: 4 x 500m 1st and last 500m are free, middle 2 are free with fins, 1 minute recovery between each rep

Bike: 90 minutes include 30 minutes at AET + 5 to 10 bpm cadence between 90 to 100 rpm

Thursday 11th

Run: 60 minutes include 3 x 5 minute efforts at AET + 5 bpm with 2 minutes recovery between efforts.

Friday 12th

Day off

Saturday 13th

Bike: 60 minutes at AET

Run: 30 minutes at AET

Sunday 14th

Run: 2 hrs 30 minutes At AET




For the whole week, my body felt strong and remarkably rested. I was a little tired this morning, the day after the long run but a swim at lunch fixed me right up.

Now, only if my body could get used to the time change - I really missed my hour of sleep this morning (note to self, change the clock in the bedroom tonight).

I slept in by an hour this morning, since I didn't realize that my husband had neglected to change the time on the bedroom clock (it is on his side of the bed). Luckily, my work is pretty good about letting us flex our time (within reason).

One more build week this week and then a recovery week (2 hard, 1 recovery), I just took a peek at the week coming up and I am pretty sure I will be a sweaty puddle of goo come Thursday's bike work out - I'll let you know how I fair!

Hopefully in a few more weeks, I will be outside for my bikes!



1 comment:

Ian Timshel said...

Sounds like your coach is all dialed in! Very cool.