With a slight detour to CFS Alert!

30 November 2011 to 30 May 2012

Friday, April 23, 2010

In the groove

Training has been going really well - too well to remember to blog.

Did my first outdoor ride of the season last night. I could have done it early (the weather has been that good) but my bike was in the shop for a tune up, so I had to wait. The ride felt strong, my heart rate was higher than I wanted it to be but I put that down to the first ride in traffic in over six months and a head wind.

It felt so nice not to be on the trainer!

The Winnipeg Police Service Half Marathon is just over a week away and the coach has said "no limits – good pacing early and just keep getting stronger throughout the run", so I will see what all of this heart rate training has done for me. I am starting to get twitchy to race, so I am looking forward to this one.

It is kind of strange, today was a rest day and I am really tired (and it is only 8:25 pm) - maybe it is because the office was a sauna today. I don't think that they have switched from heat to AC yet - then again, this is Winnipeg in April and no one expected 25°C.

Ride and a run tomorrow, whee! I am enjoying the ride ;)

2 comments:

Ian Timshel said...

Yes, yes. I'm thinking this half is going to be quite rewarding for you. Take it easy to start... warm right up then slowly turn it on. Can't wait! Break a leg girl!

Sarah said...

You are doing so well! Good for you!