With a slight detour to CFS Alert!

30 November 2011 to 30 May 2012

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Oh, my aching back!

Okay, not so much now but it was earlier this week.  It got to the point that I couldn't manage to sit at my desk at work for the whole day a couple of times last week.

I ended up going to the doctor (I can't take regular NSAIDs due to stomach issues), to get some meds and ended up on 30 days worth of restrictions (yeah for being military).  The doctor that was on duty really does not seem to like athletes (he called me a jock - bullied as a child?).

I have been doing some light spinning and yoga.  I am feeling much better and I have an appointment in just over a week to get my restrictions lifted (with the Physicians Assistant, NOT the same doctor who slapped the restrictions on me).

I really hate being restricted from activity in this way (the doctor was VERY specific about my restrictions - no triathlon training/activity, no running, only walking and stretching) and since I am in the military, I have to mostly behave.

The good news is that we have finally emerged from "minus stupid" weather (seriously, the wind chills were below -40°C) and it is quite pleasant outside.  Hopefully the nice temperatures stick around for a long while!

No comments: