With a slight detour to CFS Alert!

30 November 2011 to 30 May 2012

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Training is my happy place

I had a really good week training. 7 hours total - just base building but if felt good.

The heart rate training is starting to come together - read that I can 'run' for my whole run - okay jog slowly, but no walk breaks!

Swimming was really good and my butt is getting re-acquainted with riding on the trainer (owie).

One of the other athletes trained by my coach did 9:54 at IM Florida yesterday - his best IM so far and that was even with GI issues the last half of the marathon.

Very inspiring!

Also, today I got the next four week block of training from the coach - there are some really fun looking swims in there (seriously). I have been feeling much stronger in the pool than I expected, so I am enjoying it since I know that come March I will be so sick of pools and chlorine.

Oh, and Winnipeg had 13°C yesterday and 12°C today - I had a fantastic long run outside this morning, sunshine and warm temperatures - in November!

No comments: