With a slight detour to CFS Alert!

30 November 2011 to 30 May 2012

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Ho, Ho, Ho



I found out on Friday that I will be deploying to CFS Alert for six moths - in two to three weeks from now. This is a very short notice deployment, but that is sometimes how life goes in the military!

I will be able to run, spin, strength train and yoga up there (thank goodness they have two well equipped gyms there) but alas, no pool.

I am thinking that this blog will switch over more to a 'my life in Alert' while I am gone, with some training updates thrown in. I think that life in the high Arctic (approx 800 km from the geographical North Pole) will be pretty interesting and I want to be able to share what I experience.

For the next two weeks, life is going to be pretty crazy - getting everything ready to go. Have to make sure that I have a UV lamp - no sunlight in Alert until the end of February, eek!

If you want to read up on Alert: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CFS_Alert

2 comments:

It's just me said...

I'm looking forward to hearing about your adventure. I'll miss you though.

Ian Timshel said...

What an interesting assignment. Sure do hope you get lots of time to write here.