With a slight detour to CFS Alert!

30 November 2011 to 30 May 2012

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Alert!

Well, I made it safe and sound to Alert on Wednesday.

I had to spend an extra day in Trenton, since my flight out was delayed a day and no one bothered to tell me.

I am settling in, learning my new job and exploring the station. Today was a tour around the station area by truck.




The station is pretty big - bigger than I expected and everyone is very nice.


There are normally a lot of social activities happening, but a stomach bug has been going around (about 1/3 of the station has been sick so far) and limiting group activities is one of the ways that they are fighting the spread of the illness. Luckily, it is just a 24/48 hour bug - so no long lasting effects for those that have had it.

I even met a new friend today.
















More to come!

Colleen

No comments: